(Anterior Cruciate Ligament)
Our price: Varies
The knee is formed by the femur, tibia and patella. The femur and tibia are connected by 4 different ligaments: MCL, LCL, PCL and ACL. They are in charge of keeping the knee joint together.
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is in the center and diagonally in the knee joint, connecting the femur (thigh bone) to the tibia (shin bone). The ACL has the following functions:
- Stabilize the knee.
- Prevents the tibia from sliding out into the femur.
Candidates for an ACL Surgery:
- Patients older than 18 years old, who play the following high risk sports: basketball, football, skiing, soccer, tennis, volleyball and gymnastics.
- Patients older than 18 years old with jobs that involve pivoting or heavy manual work.
- Women in sports are more propense to the injury because of their physicial conditioning and muscular strenght.
Causes of an ACL tear:
- Bad landings.
- Slowing down while walking and abruptly channing direction.
- Harsh and sudden movements.
- Sidestepping maneuvers.
Symptoms of an Acute Cruciate Ligament Tear:
- Lost range of motion.
- Tenderness in the knee joint.
- Discomfort while walking.
At MedicalMex, Dr. Garin has treated hundreds of ACL injuries and performs ACL surgery as a regular component of his work as the team doctor for professional soccer and baseball teams.
Orthopedic Surgery Center of Excellence in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized hospital for +40 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 40 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities by far
- Many amenities
- Biggest rooms with room for companion
ACL Surgery FAQ´s
Frequently-Asked-Question about ACL Surgery
For more information about our packages and how having ACL Surgery, helps stop the pain and regain movement, please read our most frequently asked questions or contact us today using our FREE consultation form at the bottom of the page.
Our surgeons know an ACL reconstruction offers better and long-term outcomes for our patients. Our ACL Surgery is a minimally invasive procedure, where our surgeon makes small incisions and use thin surgical instruments to perform the surgery.
The ACL is replaced with a substitute graft using tendon material from the patellar tendon or the hamstring. In some cases, the tendon may be froma a donor.
- Blood clots.
- Kneecap pain.
Thanks to the new techniques our surgeons use to perform ACL Surgery, our patients do have a faster recovery. Our medical team will provide you with prescribed medication for the pain in the first couple of days after your procedure.
Most of our patients can walk with a support of a cane and put minimal pressure on their knee joint. Our patients will need to have rehabilitation and physicial therapy to restore the knees full ability to move without discomfort.
All ACL repair patients at MedicalMex are assigned a Case Manager that will handle all arrangements from medical records collection and transfer, any necessary surgical consults, and travel planning services for the patient and traveling companions. You will receive a full itinerary that tells you exactly what to expect every step of the way on your medical travel trip. This procedure may require up to 5 nights recovery prior to the surgeon releasing the patient for travel.
The ACL Repair Medical Travel Package includes:
- 1 Day Hospital Stay
- All doctor and surgeon fees and the entire hospital stay
- All standard medications, implants or prostheses Regular pre-op testing and exams
- All related medical and procedure costs: gastroenterologist, anesthesia, equipment, nursing care
- Pre-treatment consult set-up if needed Airport pick-up and return travel
- A dedicated Case Management team to guide your pre- and post-orthopedic treatment experience
More Orthopedic Procedures
Orthopedic Surgery Center of Excellence
At MedicalMex we offer a wide range of orthopedic surgeries to help our patients regain the movement they lost and help them live pain free. Our hospital offers state of the art facilities, the lastest medical technology, new and improved medical procedures all for the benefit of our patients. In addition, we only work with the best surgeons and phyisicians in the world such as: Dr. Alfonso Garcia Chavez for Orthopedic Surgery.
The main orthopedic surgery procedures available are: