Dr. Jose Fernando Izquierdo
Orthopedic Surgeon Spine Surgery Specialist
Speciality: Orthopedic Surgery and Neurology.
Languages: English, Spanish
Dr. Jose Fernando Izquierdo is a graduate of the School of Medicine at the University of Guadalajara, Mexico. He completed his residency in Orthopedics and Traumatology at Guadalajara Civil Hospital, and a Fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of Kansas.
Dr. Jose Fernando Izquierdo is a senior member of our practice since 1988 and is currently the Orthopedic surgeon chief of our Hospital.
Degrees & Professional Affiliations
- Graduate of the University of Guadalajara School of Medicine.
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of Kansas
- Member Tijuana Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Mexican Advisory for Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Tijuana College of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Interamerican Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
Associations & Professional Affiliations
- Founding Member of the Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Tijuana.
- Member of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Member of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana.
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons International.
- Member of the Inter-American Society of Minimally Invasive Column Surgery
- AO Spine International.
- Chairman of Continuous medical education, Orthopedic Society of Tijuana.
- Chairman of the program XIII AMOT Congress.
- Synodal Qualifier of the Certification Exam of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Chairman of Continual medical education, Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Tijuana.
- Vicepresident of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana, A.C.
- President of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana, A.C.
- Coordinator of the Spine section FEMECOT Congress Tijuana.
- National Delegate for the Mexican Board of Orthopedics.
Workshops & Courses
- “Treatment of Degenerative Lumbar Disease using the extreme Lateral Approach” Protos training program NUVASIVE. San Diego, CA.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 2017 Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Treating Degenerative Lumbar Disease and Advance XLIF Expanded Indications with Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF) San Diego, California.
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery, hands-on cadaveric training; Medical Innovations Training Institute, Henderson, Nevada; USA.
- AO International. Avances en Osteosíntesis. Tijuana, B.C.
- Orthopedic Grand Rounds and Clinical Conference, University of California. San Diego. He has attended every year since.
- 62nd Annual American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Meeting. Orlando, Florida.
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center. Orthopedic Course- El Paso, Texas.
- XXVII Surgical Technique of the Wellex Inter Spacer. Universidad Latinoamericana Campus Cuernavaca, Morelos.
- V International Course of Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Lumbar Spine. University of Guadalajara; Guadalajara Jalisco.
Best Hospital Facilities in Tijuana, Mexico
The Safe, Affordable and Personalized Experience
- US and Mexico Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
- Personalized Experience, unlike everywhere else, we only accept one Mommy Makeover Surgery per day to ensure the highest level of personalized care from our entire team caring for your wellbeing and satisfaction
- Full-scale certified hospitals and clinics with International Accreditation’s
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities in Tijuana
- Personal Transportation Services
- Concierge Services for Any Type of Additional Needs
- Comfortable rooms with space available for companion upon request