Dr. Jose Fernando Izquierdo
Orthopedic Surgeon Spine Surgery Specialist
Speciality: Orthopedic Surgery and Neurology.
Languages: English, Spanish
Dr. Jose Fernando Izquierdo is a graduate of the School of Medicine at the University of Guadalajara, Mexico. He completed his residency in Orthopedics and Traumatology at Guadalajara Civil Hospital, and a Fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of Kansas.
Dr. Jose Fernando Izquierdo is a senior member of our practice since 1988 and is currently the Orthopedic surgeon chief of our Hospital.
Degrees & Professional Affiliations
- Graduate of the University of Guadalajara School of Medicine.
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery at the University of Kansas
- Member Tijuana Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics
- Mexican Advisory for Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Tijuana College of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Interamerican Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
Associations & Professional Affiliations
- Founding Member of the Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Tijuana.
- Member of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Member of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana.
- Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons International.
- Member of the Inter-American Society of Minimally Invasive Column Surgery
- AO Spine International.
- Chairman of Continuous medical education, Orthopedic Society of Tijuana.
- Chairman of the program XIII AMOT Congress.
- Synodal Qualifier of the Certification Exam of the Mexican Council of Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Chairman of Continual medical education, Society of Traumatology and Orthopedics of Tijuana.
- Vicepresident of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana, A.C.
- President of the College of Orthopedics and Traumatology of Tijuana, A.C.
- Coordinator of the Spine section FEMECOT Congress Tijuana.
- National Delegate for the Mexican Board of Orthopedics.
Workshops & Courses
- “Treatment of Degenerative Lumbar Disease using the extreme Lateral Approach” Protos training program NUVASIVE. San Diego, CA.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons 2017 Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA.
- Treating Degenerative Lumbar Disease and Advance XLIF Expanded Indications with Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF) San Diego, California.
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery, hands-on cadaveric training; Medical Innovations Training Institute, Henderson, Nevada; USA.
- AO International. Avances en Osteosíntesis. Tijuana, B.C.
- Orthopedic Grand Rounds and Clinical Conference, University of California. San Diego. He has attended every year since.
- 62nd Annual American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Meeting. Orlando, Florida.
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center. Orthopedic Course- El Paso, Texas.
- XXVII Surgical Technique of the Wellex Inter Spacer. Universidad Latinoamericana Campus Cuernavaca, Morelos.
- V International Course of Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Lumbar Spine. University of Guadalajara; Guadalajara Jalisco.
Best Hospital Facilities in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Hospitalized Hospital for +10 years
- Home to Dr. Jose Fernando Izquierdo the most recognized Orthopedic surgeons in Tijuana, Mexico
- Personalized attention with US based case managers
- Peace of mind from getting treated with the most prestigious hospital name in Mexico
- Only full-scale Certified hospital in Tijuana (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Best Facilities and Amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations