Gastric Band Surgery (Lap Band)
Our Medical Travel Price from $3,500 to $6,500
Gastric Band Surgery is the safest and less invasive procedure today, thanks to it’s laparoscopic nature. Our surgeons perform this type of procedure for our patients benefit, offering them a quick surgery with best results and less pain, scars and recovery time.
Candidates for Angeles Hospital Tijuana, Lap Band Surgery:
- 18 years or older.
- BMI of 40.
- At least five years of being overweight and suffering from a obesity related disease such as: Type 2 Diabetes, Sleep Apnea or Heart Disease.
- Several failed attempts of loosing weight with diet and exercise.
Gastric Band Testimonials
Lap Band Patients Reviews of Angeles Hospital Tijuana
These surgiries are medically apporoved procedures with a proven record of helping men and women resolve health issues such as: Heart Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Hyperternsion and Sleep Apnea, in addition of helping them with their weight loss.
Weight loss results can vary depending on the individual. There is no guarantee of specific weight loss results.
Best Gastric Band Surgery in Tijuana,Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +48 Years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico, everyone knows Angeles is quality
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 40 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities by far
- Many amenities
- Biggest rooms with room for companion
Gastric Band Surgery FAQ´s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about Lap Band Surgery
Learn more about our Gastric Band procedure and the different benefits and risks that come with the surgery, thanks to the most frequently asked questions our patients and their companions have during their consultations with our doctors.
- All pre-op & post-op testing.
- All surgeon & anesthesiologist fees.
- Dedicated US based case management before, during and after your trip.
- Hospital stay of 2 nights.
- All nursing & hospital fees.
- Door-to-door ground transportation from San Diego Airport to the Hospital and viceversa.
This surgery is performed under anesthesia in a hospital operating room, where three to five incisions of one-half to two inches are made in the upper abdomen, allowing our doctor to use special tools to place a gastric band containing a small balloon around the top portion of the stomach, forming a smaller gastric pouch.
Once in place, the pouch is filled with a saline solution through an injection port, which is attached to the abdominal wall under the skin. Saline expands the band and places pressure around the outside of the stomach. This decreases the size of the passage between the pouch and the lower stomach, restricting the movement of food. Using the injection port the amount of saline in the band can be easily adjusted to create the passage optimal for maintaining consistent weight loss.
LAP-BAND® (gastric band) patients who choose Angeles Health Mexico will be cared for by one of the best weight-loss surgery teams in the world. In the US LAP-BAND® surgery can cost from $10,000 up to $25,000. Most of insurance companies classify weight loss surgery as an elective procedure, despite the clear health risks of obesity. LAP-BAND® surgery is therefore included in very few health insurance policies, making the procedure unavailable to the people who need it most. Patients who choose to come to Angeles Hospital Tijuana will find modern facilities that are equal to or even better equipped than U.S. hospitals. We place great importance on patient-centric care and have long-term experience with the specific needs of medical travel patients.
Angeles Health Mexico offers LAP-BAND® patients the peace of mind of having specialty and emergency services on hand including cardiac anesthesiologists, internists, and emergency/critical care services.
LAP-BAND® or Gastric Band Surgery is a simple procedure with a less than 1% complication rate. However, it has the same risks of any surgical procedure. At Angeles Health Mexico LAP BAND® patients can rest assured that they are in good hands that are ready and able to mitigate any risks.
Benefits of LAP-BAND® Surgery
- The morbidity rate for this procedure is just 1 in 2000 compared.
- LAP-BAND® patients heal faster, recover more quickly, experience less pain, and leave the hospital sooner than patients undergoing other weight-loss procedures.
- The adjustable gastric band can be modified without additional surgery.
- The procedure is fully reversible.
- Our patients also see great improvement in other co-morbidities such as pain from arthritis, the discomfort of sleep apnea, and illnesses such as diabetes.
Any surgical procedure carries certain risks including, the general risks of any surgery are:
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia and medications.
- Heart attack.
- In some cases, death.
Some potential problems specific to gastric band surgery include:
- Band problems (erosion, slippage, leakage).
- Esophagitis (inflammation, irritation, or swelling of the esophagus).
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Port problems (displacement, leakage, port-site infection).
- Stoma blockage.
- Stomach problems (pouch enlargement, slippage).
- Tubing problems (disconnection from port, leakage).
Weight Loss Surgery
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
Angeles Hospitals offer 4 different weight loss surgeries, with a proven record of success for our patients benefit: