Gastric Band Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico (Lap-Band)
The affordable and safe option for lap-band surgery in Mexico
Dr. Pablo Fok Russell
Certified Weight-Loss Surgeon
Dr. Pablo Fok Russell is a medical graduate with a specialty in bariatric surgery and several subspecialties ranging from cosmetic to cardiovascular surgery, he graduated from one of the most recognized medical schools in Mexico and has over twelve years’ experience with some of the most prestigious medical hospitals and treatment centers in the northwestern part of Mexico.
The 5 requirements for having Gastric Band (Lap-Band) Surgery:
- The patient should be 18 years or older.
- Have a BMI of 30 or more.
- Or be considered obese and suffer from one or more conditions related to obesity such as: Diabetes, Hypertension, Sleep Apnea, among others.
- Be more than 100 lbs. over the estimated optimal weight for five years or more
- Have several failed attempts to lose weight through diets or exercise.
Dr. Pablo Fok Russell
Certified Weight-Loss Surgeon
MedicalMex – Social Reviews & Recommendations
The Best Certified Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery in Mexico
Best Gastric Sleeve Surgeon in Tijuana, Mexico
MedicalMex, The Safe, Affordable and Personalized Experience
- US and Mexico Board Certified Weight Loss Surgeon
- Personalized Experience, unlike everywhere else, we only accept one Weight Loss Surgery per day to ensure the highest level of personalized care from our entire team caring for your wellbeing and satisfaction
- Home to Dr. Russell Fok a trusted name in Weight-loss Surgery
- Full-scale certified hospitals and clinics with International Accreditation’s
- Best technologically advanced medical facilities in Tijuana
- Personal Transportation Services
- Concierge Services for Any Type of Additional Needs
- Comfortable rooms with space available for companion upon request
Gastric Band Surgery FAQ´s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about Lap-Band Surgery
We encourage all patients to do their research and ask all their questions to ensure their ready and have all the information needed to make an informative decision. To get started, here are a few of the most common questions regarding our Lap-Band surgery in Mexico. For further assistance regarding prices, evaluations, medical questions or any other concern, please reach out through our Free Consultation form so that our case managers can get in contact and answer all your questions.
What’s the price of a Gastric Band Surgery?
The average price for our Gastric Band (Lap-Band) surgery medical travel package is $5,600 USD
Please beware. The average price for lap-band surgery in Mexico ranges from $5,000 USD to $9,000 USD, beware of places charging less than this, remember if it’s too good to be true, chances are there might be negative risk associated with this. Always be sure to ask for their credentials and doctor qualifications before risking your health for a few dollar savings. Be sure to go with the best and safest option in Mexico.
What’s included in the Gastric Band Surgery medical travel package?
- All pre-op & post-op testing
- All surgeon & anesthesiologist fees
- Dedicated US based case management before, during and after your trip
- Hospital stay of 2 nights
- All nursing & hospital fees
- Post-surgical support and follow up
- Door-to-door ground transportation from San Diego Airport to the Hospital and vice-versa.
How is the Gastric Lap-Band surgery done?
This surgery is performed under general anesthesia, where three to five incisions of one-half to two inches are made in the upper abdomen, allowing our doctor to use specialized tools to place a gastric band which contains a small balloon around the top portion of the stomach, forming a smaller gastric pouch.
Once the lap-band is in place, the pouch is filled with a saline solution through an injection port, which is attached to the abdominal wall under the skin. The saline expands the band and places pressure around the outside of the stomach, this decreases the size of the passage between the pouch and the lower stomach, restricting the movement of food. Using the injection port, the amount of saline in the band can be easily adjusted to create the passage optimal for maintaining consistent weight-loss.
Why Choose MedicalMex for my Lap-Band Surgery in Mexico?
- Our Personalized Experience, our doctors can only do one patient surgery per day to ensure the entire team is devoted to the highest-level of personal care, there are cases where we might do two based on patient’s request if they are family members or if they voluntarily want to go through the experience together. Most places do as many as they can handle and compromise on quality for obtaining the highest profits, we are opposed to this practice
- We are a US company that works to get our patients the best prices without compromising quality and safety, we do not markup.
- We are your US ally during your entire stay in Mexico, we understand the Mexican Health System and work with Reputable Medical Doctors so you can have Peace-of-Mind
- Our Reputation, we are the only provider to offer opportunity to talk to other patients that have gone through similar experience for better idea of what to expect
- We only work with veteran doctors that go through screening process to validate their credentials and experience
- Here are 7 other reasons to chose us for your next surgery in Mexico
How safe is MedicalMex for Gastric Band (Lap-Band) surgery?
MedicalMex partnership’s hospitals are the only internationally recognized certified hospitals in Tijuana, Mexico, they are full-scale hospitals with the best technology and the most experienced and recognized name doctors and surgeons in Mexico. We are not a clinic like all other weight-loss surgery providers, they are full-scale hospitals that can compare to the best hospital facilities in US or Mexico.
Our Lap-band surgeons and medical staff is lead by Dr. Lopez Corvala the most highly rewarded weight-loss surgeon in Mexico who has extensive academic and practicing experience of over 30 years which expands from surgeon teacher at Yale University in United States to member of the most prestigious medical associations in Latin America. The safest and most experienced option for lap-band surgery in Mexico.