Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
Our Price: $3,500 USD
Rhinoplasty or nose job, is a surgical procedure performed to improve the shape of the nose. People may opt for rhinoplasty for cosmetic reasons, to correct a bump or hook in their nose or alter the shape of an over-large nose. Rhinoplasty is also used to correct breathing problems caused by a deviated septum, a condition where the septum divides the two nostrils unequally, resulting in breathing problems.
Rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of a nose that the patient considers to be too wide, too crooked, too short, or too long. The surgeon can also remove bumps or humps on the nose. The size, shape and angle of the tip of the nose can be adjusted, as well as the size and shape of the nostrils.
Before and After Photos
Cosmetic Surgery Center of Excellence
Rhinoplasty can allow the patient to have a more natural-appearing, well-balanced nose, adding to the existing natural beauty of the eyes and lips. For this reason, Rhinoplasty remains one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the world.
in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +10 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico
- Home to Dr. Guadalupe Carillo, the most recognized Plastic Surgeon in Tijuana and Member of ISAPS in the United States
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 40 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities by far
- Many amenities
- Biggest rooms with room for companion
Frequently-Asked-Question about Nose Job Surgery
Rhinoplasty patients are cared for by a hard-working team of physicians, surgeons and nurses. As Mexico’s largest private hospital network, we use only the world’s best surgeons like certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Muñoz Meza, who will discuss your desired outcomes and help to find a look that is sculpted and natural.
For more information about our packages and Rhinoplasty Surgery, contact us today using the inquiry form at the bottom of the page.
For our Rhinooplasty Surgery, our patients need to comply specific criteria our medical team will share with them. However, in general candidates for any of our cosmetic surgeries at MedicalMex in Tijuana, most comply the following:
- Patients with good health (BMI of 27).
- Patients who don’t suffer from any of the following high-risk conditions: Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Bleeding disorders, Heart diseases or diagnosed Depression.
*If you are diagnosed with obesity or smoke and drink alcohol regularly, you can’t be a candidate for our Cosmetic Surgeries.
Nasal surgery is usually performed on an outpatient basis. Where Dr. Muñoz may use either local or IV anesthesia, depending on the specifics of the procedure. Local anesthesia is a light sedation, numbing the nose and the surrounding area, keeping the patient awake, but relaxed and insensitive to pain.
A nose job usually takes one to one and a half hours, with complicated procedures taking more time. As a general matter, a Rhinoplasty surgery separates the skin of the nose from the bone and cartilage, which is then sculpted to the desired shape. The sculpting will depend on the goals of the surgery and the changes that the patient desires to make. When the sculpting is complete, the skin is reattached to the new underlying framework.
Rhinoplasty comes in two basic techniques:
- Closed procedure: in which the incisions are hidden inside the nose. The closed technique tends to be used for more minor restructuring.
- Open procedure: in which an incision is made across the columella, the narrow strip of tissue that separates the nostrils. An open nose job tends to be used more in instances where significant reshaping of the nose is necessary
In either technique, these basic incisions are used to raise the soft tissues that cover the nose, allowing access to the structure of the nose.
Rhinoplasty often alters the nasal structures using cartilage grafted from other areas of the body. Usually this involves pieces of cartilage from the septum, the partition in the middle of the nose. Less commonly a piece of cartilage from the ear may be used, and very rarely a section of rib cartilage will be used. If the septum is deviated, it is straightened and any projections inside the nose are reduced to improve breathing.
Once the underlying structure of the nose is sculpted to the desired shape and any issues with a deviated septum are addressed, nasal skin and tissue is reattached and incisions are closed. If the nostrils require alteration, additional incisions or sutures may be placed in the natural creases of the nostrils. An external splint is often used to support the nose. Splints and internal tubes may be installed in the nasal cavity to maintain the structure of the nose, and there may be nasal packing to deal with the bleeding.
After a Rhinoplasty Surgery, our patients will experience the following:
- Patients may be unable to breathe through their nose for the first 24 hours if nasal packing is used to help reduce swelling and bleeding.
- There will be some pain and most patients can address it with medication for the first 48 hours.
- There is also a slight chance of nausea.
- Splints or packing must remain in place for 3 days.
- If your nose is fractured you will be in a cast for 10 days, then switch to tape for an additional 3 weeks. You will not be able to shower or bathe for 3 days.
- You may experience some bleeding during the first few days.
- Blowing your nose is not allowed after Rhinoplasty.
- If you feel stuffy, you may have to use decongestants.
- A black eye (or even two) is not an unusual occurrence as the swelling and bruising subsides.
Our patients may experience bruising and swelling for the first 7 to 10 days. In 1 ½ months this should be gone and after 6 months the tip will settle and come down more into position. After their recovery our patients:
- Return to work within seven to ten days.
- They should wait 2-3 weeks before heavy lifting and 6 weeks before exercising.
- They should avoid any kind of impact to your nose, or sun exposure, for eight weeks.
- You can wear contact lenses if you have them, but glasses must be propped on your cheeks for up to seven weeks until your nose is completely healed.
Complete results are not immediate and can take up to one year to be fully evident. Others may not see a major difference in your nose, or may not approve of the change, especially if the surgery altered a family trait. Although 85 percent of the swelling will go down within the first month, the final shape and appearance of your nose will not be seen for a year, so you should wait at least that long before making an ultimate decision about how satisfied you are with your new nose.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty of a Nose Job
Rhinoplasty, also called a “nose job,” is a very popular procedure that can make profound differences not only in the balance of facial features, but also in a person’s self-esteem. Cosmetic surgery to alter the appearance and profile of the nose dates to the 6th Century. The original procedure repaired a disfigured nose using a flap of skin from the forehead, and the technique is still practiced today, though obviously with considerably more sophisticated equipment and well-trained plastic surgeons.
Whether your nose shape is the result of heredity or injury, a Rhinoplasty can dramatically improve the appearance and proportion of your nose, enhancing facial harmony and boosting your self-confidence. Rhinoplasty may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural issues in the nose. Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure and is often conducted on an outpatient basis. Patients will usually spend one night in the hospital, usually to monitor post-operative pain.
Possible Complications of a Nose Job
A Rhinoplasty creates a permanent alteration of the nose. It may take up to a year – and sometimes longer – for the full outcome of the surgery to emerge. That said, cartilage may continue to reshape and move tissue in the nose and may change the shape of the altered nose over time. Depending upon such factors as technique, facial type, quality of skin, sun exposure and even smoking, it may be up to 10 years before a patient may want to consider a second nose surgery.
A nose job carries the same risks as any other surgery. Bleeding, infection, and reactions to medications or anesthesia are possible. There are several risks that are unique to plastic surgery of the nose, such as burst blood vessels that can cause red spots and small scars on the underside of the nose. A hematoma can also occur and a second surgery will need to be performed to remove it. Septal perforation, i.e. a small whole in the septum, can also occur, causing turbulence that results in a whistle when a person speaks or sings.
It is important to follow all your doctor’s instructions both before and after the operation to minimize complications and assure the most complete and speediest recovery.
As a rhinoplasty patient, you and a traveling companion will receive full travel coordination services, including a patient readiness kit with a detailed itinerary in which rhinoplasty surgery schedule, air, hotel, and roundtrip airport pick up/return are all arranged. Additional services can be arranged if you need them. Our rhinoplasty patients are transported to our facility by special medical shuttle directly from the San Diego airport to the our hospital in Tijuana.
Patient rooms are always experienced as a pleasant surprise. All rooms are private with en suite bathrooms, have a flat screen television and comfortable seating and sleeping options for visitors. Suites also have a private entryway and dining/conversation area.
We are built on the highest principles of medical expertise and patient care. Our focus on facilitating top tier medical care with the most modern technology and services – including advanced operating rooms and in-house diagnostic services across all medical sectors.
The rhinoplasty (nose job) package includes:
- All pre-rhinoplasty testing and exams.
- All related rhinoplasty costs: surgeon, anesthesia, equipment, nursing care.
- A dedicated Case Management team to guide your pre- and post-rhinoplasty experience.
- Pre-rhinoplasty consult set-up if needed.
- Work with a Dedicated Case Manager.
Please note that this package does not include the post-surgical nights needed in a hotel during recovery from rhinoplasty. We will work with a patient to assist in finding satisfactory hotel accommodations.
Best Plastic Surgery in Mexico (Cosmetic Surgery)
Board Certified Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons in Tijuana
Are you ready to make a change in your appearance and self-confidence? Get to know our board certified plastic surgeons, offering the best plastic surgery packages in Mexico. Top quality plastic surgery at low affordable prices.