Our Price: Varies
The concept of a smile makeover can mean different things to different people. Referred to by its more technical sounding label — full oral rehabilitation — an even wider range of possibilities might be conjured. But the essential characteristic of a smile makeover or oral rehabilitation is an upgrade or improvement to the look of a person’s smile — to improve their appearance and give them the increased self-esteem that comes with feeling they look their best.
Angeles Hospital Facilities in Tijuana
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +10 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 10 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities in Tijuana
- Shuttle Service
- Many amenities
- Comfortable rooms with companion accommodations
Dental Care in Tijuana, Mexico
Smile makeover prices vary according to the patient’s individual treatment plan but compare favorably to costs in the U.S. and Canada. With an attentive team, beautiful facilities and high-quality care, the benefits of traveling to the our Dental Center in Tijuana for a smile makeover are clear.
Our dental team considers the patient’s facial appearance, along with skin tone, hair color, teeth (color, width, length, shape and tooth display), gum tissue and lips, and engages the patient mutual consultation to develop a design plan for the patient’s ideal smile when creating a smile makeover.
Our smile makeovers are performed for many reasons and each one is customized according to the individual patient’s unique considerations.
Some of the cosmetic dentistry procedures patients can expect to consider with a smile makeover include dental veneers, composite bonding, dental implants and teeth whitening. Every patient’s specific plan is unique, however.
Some patients decide that treatment and repair of defective teeth alone can achieve their makeover goals. Others may opt for rehabilitation of defective teeth with aesthetic upgrades to some or all their teeth. Still others feel they can achieve the look and functionality they desire only with the highest, most complete levels of therapeutic and aesthetic dental work.
Smile Makeover FAQ’s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about our Smile Makeover
Fore more information about our Smile Makeover Procedure, please read our most frequently asked questions or fill out the FREE consultation form at the bottom of our page.
Prior to undergoing any procedure involved in a smile makeover, our dentist examines the patient comprehensively, looking at teeth, gums, underlying support structure and bite (occlusion) to determine candidacy for a smile makeover. Structural problems and oral health issues must be addressed prior to engaging in any makeover procedures.
Among the many aspects of a patient’s smile that makeover procedures might address, the following are most prominent:
- Tooth Color: Old metal dental fillings can be replaced today with natural, tooth-colored composites, Teeth whitening can also improve the color of stained teeth. Tooth color and shading are important aspects in the ultimate success of many cosmetic dental procedures, including porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, composite bonding and dental implants.
- Alignment and Spacing: Crooked teeth, overlapping teeth or those with gaps between them can be addressed with orthodontics if necessary, or improved with veneers.
- Missing Teeth: Missing teeth affect a person’s smile and bite and increase the risk of tooth decay. Replacement of missing teeth can therefore be an integral part of a smile makeover. Missing teeth can be replaced by dental implants, or addressed with bridges or partial dentures. Uneven, chipped and cracked teeth: Bonding can improve the appearance of teeth that are out of balance. Lips, Smile and Cheeks: Orthodontics and/or oral maxillofacial surgery can rehabilitate an unshapely or aging face.
- Tooth Length: A smile makeover treatment for short teeth may include reshaping and lengthening the two front central teeth with composite bonding or porcelain veneers. Patients with a gummy smile may receive treatment to modify the gum line and lengthen the appearance of the teeth using laser dentistry procedures.
- Smile Line: The smile line is an imaginary line that follows the edges of the upper teeth from side to side. Ideally, this line should follow the curve of the lower lip when the patient smiles. This standard point of reference for smile makeovers is used to help determine the optimal length of a patient’s teeth
- Tooth Proportions: Many people recognize a pleasing smile as one in which the two central front teeth are dominant and have a width-to-length ratio of 4-to-5. This proportion guides the length and width of other teeth in the aesthetic zone so that the smile line appears balanced.
- Tooth Texture and Characterization: Cosmetic dentists performing smile makeovers blend functionality and aesthetics to create a more feminine or a more masculine appearance, matching crowns and veneers to the characteristics of natural teeth.
Once a plan is decided upon, the patient will have an opportunity to see previews of potential results that they can evaluate before treatment begins. Cosmetic dentists use many different technologies to preview results, including wax model mockups of temporary teeth, previews generated with dental imaging software and before and after photos of other patients undergoing similar treatment. The previews are designed to both communicate with the dental lab that will produce final implants, crowns and veneers, and to offer patients a preview of the expected outcome to ensure they are comfortable with the proposed treatment plan.
Almost anyone who is unhappy with their smile or is concerned with the condition of their teeth could be considered an ideal candidate for a smile makeover. Patients with cracked teeth, chipped teeth, broken teeth, missing teeth, uneven teeth, yellowed or gray teeth, food or coffee or smoke-stained teeth, all are candidates for smile makeovers.
Patients who feel their teeth are too small or who feel their smile shows too much of their gums or who have gaps between their teeth can find relief in a smile makeover. Any patient who is embarrassed to smile, who has grown a mustache or beard to hide their smile, or who feels their smile hinders fulfillment of their personal or professional life ought to take the opportunity to consult with an experienced cosmetic dentist to see if a smile reconstruction might be an appropriate way to address their social and personal anxieties.
The ideal smile makeover candidate will have good oral health and sound dental structure, be free of gum disease and any other ailment or health problems that might preclude undertaking cosmetic dental procedures, but almost any patient who can have routine dental treatment can be a candidate for a smile makeover.
Young children who have not grown the full complement of permanent teeth may not be candidates for smile makeovers because their jaw growth is not yet complete. However, in some instances a smile makeover could be appropriate, such as when it is part of a child’s orthodontic treatment plan. Consultation with a family dentist or orthodontist will help parents decide if smile makeover procedures are appropriate in their child’s case.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
Patients undergoing smile makeover procedures can expect health benefits as well as aesthetic ones. The health benefits of a smile makeover include less risk of unstable or worn-down teeth. In addition, makeover treated teeth are easier to clean and care for. Teeth that have been straightened, repaired or replaced have less risk of decay and infections.
From an aesthetic standpoint, a smile makeover gives a tooth that look and feel better than their untreated teeth did. After a smile makeover, patients have a clear, white smile that improves their self-confidence and sense of well-being.
Patients who have undergone some form of facial rejuvenation (such as Botox) or who have received a dermal filler find that a smile makeover can make them look and feel younger. A successful smile makeover can restore a more youthful, rounded appearance to a patient’s face and promotes increased vitality. Patients often report an increased sense of pride in their new smile as well as increased feelings of confidence in social and work-related situations.
There are no significant risks involved in getting a smile makeover, though no dental procedure is completely risk-free. Depending on the procedures some individual selects for their makeover plan, complications specific to those procedures can be addressed with the cosmetic dentist as they relate to each individual technique.
It is important to remember that any cosmetic dentistry procedure requires consistent post-procedure oral hygiene and may require maintenance over time. For example, teeth whitening must be repeated on occasion to maintain brightness. Porcelain veneers can chip or break and may need replacement after some years. Permanent composite bonding can stain and may require enhancement or replacement in time. Dental crowns typically require replacement after 10 to 15 years. Gummy smile improvements may also require periodic enhancement.
Any patient considering a smile makeover should discuss thoroughly with their dentist the specific care and maintenance considerations of the techniques involved in their treatment plan.
Smile makeovers are considered cosmetic procedures and in most cases, are not covered by dental insurance. Their final cost in a US dental clinic or hospital can range from around a thousand dollars for minimal aesthetic restoration to several tens of thousands of dollars, based on many factors, including the location of the clinic and the experience of the cosmetic dentist performing the procedures. The Dental Clinic has helped hundreds of patients reclaim their dental health and sense of well-being by enhancing their smiles, at prices far below those found in the U.S.
Cost should never be the only factor when deciding about your dental health, however. We offer the support and expertise of a multidisciplinary team of specialists who help patients understand and manage all the challenges they face in transforming their smile and appearance. Our facilities and equipment represent healthcare value that is of the best quality.
Patients receive the expert care of dentists, oral surgeons, nurses and hygienists in our Dental Center who are determined to make the medical travel experience as comfortable, supported and secure as possible.
Everyone strives for patients to get the treatment necessary for success and that they leave the hospital fully prepared to reclaim healthy, smiling lives.
Dental Center of Excellence
MedicalMex Dental Clinic has a proven record of success in their dental treatments and numerous families come for appointments: