What to expect during tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery?
You may have one of two different types of tummy tuck or abdominoplasty procedures: Regular Tummy Tuck and Circular Tummy Tuck.
The regular tummy tuck involves several incisions, the most significant being a long, curved incision that stretches under the lower abdomen from hip to hip like a smile, and around the navel. Your surgeon will then detach the skin from the abdominal muscles and trim any excess skin. The vertical abdominal muscles, which often have separated because of overstretching, are stitched so that they are tighter, usually resulting in a reduction of the waistline. Sometimes a small amount of liposuction is used to remove small pockets of fat. The incisions are closed using surgical stitches and, if necessary, the navel is reattached.
How long will my recovery after Tummy Tuck Surgery be?
Recovery after a Tummy Tuck Surgery is going to slow and with minimal pain. During the first days you will experience discomfort and some swelling in the area, our medical team will give you pain medication for approximately three to eight days. We recommend light walking and very gentele exercise to help with the swelling and prevent the formation of blood clots in the legs.
Patients will use compression garments for the first 6 weeks after their tummy tuck surgery and they will feel numbness in the area for up to 6 months. Exercise and lifting can be resumed in 6-8 weeks. Most people return to work three weeks post-surgery. Scarring will fade about a year post-surgery, scar sizes are based upon how much work is done. They can be a hip to hip for regular, or all the way around the body with a circular Tummy Tuck. It is recommended that patients not get pregnant after receiving a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty.
When your recovery is complete, your abdomen area will be tauter and firm, your waistline will be slimmer, and you may notice some reduction in your buttocks and thighs, particularly in the case of the circular Tummy Tuck.
What’s included in your tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery package?
Our tummy tuck patients are transported to our facility by a dedicated medical shuttle directly from the San Diego airport to the hospital of your choice in Tijuana. Patient rooms are a pleasant surprise for many patients. All rooms are private with en suite bathrooms, a flat screen TV and plenty of seating and sleeping options for visitors. Suites feature private dining and conversation areas.
We operate under the highest principles of medical care and patient hospitality. Our focus on administering top tier medical care with the most modern technology and services –including state-of-the art operating rooms and internal diagnostic services across all medical fields.
The tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, package includes:
- All pre-tummy tuck testing and exams
- All tummy tuck procedure costs: surgeon, anesthesia, equipment, nursing care
- A dedicated Case Management team to guide your pre- and post-tummy tuck experience
- Pre-tummy tuck consult set-up if needed
- Pick-up and return to local airport
Please note that this package does not include the post-surgical nights needed in a hotel during recovery from the tummy tuck procedure.We will work with tummy tuck patients to assist in finding hotel accommodations.
Why Chose MedicalMex for my Tummy Tuck Surgery in Mexico?
- Our Personalized Experience, our doctors can only do one patient surgery per day to ensure the entire team is devoted to the highest-level of personal care, there are cases where we might do two based on patient’s request if they are family members or if they voluntarily want to go through the experience together. Most places do as many as they can handle and compromise on quality for obtaining the highest profits, we are opposed to this practice
- We are a US company that works to get our patients the best prices without compromising quality and safety, we do not markup.
- We are your US ally during your entire stay in Mexico, we understand the Mexican Health System and work with Reputable Medical Doctors so you can have Peace-of-Mind
- Our Reputation, we are the only provider to offer opportunity to talk to other patients that have gone through similar experience for better idea of what to expect
- We only work with veteran doctors that go through screening process to validate their credentials and experience
- Here are 7 other reasons to chose us for your next surgery in Mexico