Gastric Sleeve Surgery
(Vertical Gastrectomy – VGS)
Our Medical Travel Price: $6,500
Gastric sleeve surgery is a permanent approach to weight loss. Working similarly to bypass surgery, gastric sleeve surgery involves shrinking the stomach, only this time a section of the stomach is permanently removed and replaced with a sleeve or banana-shaped tube.
Candidates for a Vertical Gastrectomy Surgery:
- BMI of 40 or more.
- Between 18 and 60 years of age.
- More than 5 years with overweight and related conditions such as: Type 2 Diabetes, Sleep Apnea or Hypertension.
- Failed attempts with diet and exercise.
Gastric Sleeve Testimonials
Vertical Gastrectomy Patients Reviews
These surgiries are medically apporoved procedures with a proven record of helping men and women resolve health issues such as: Heart Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Hyperternsion and Sleep Apnea, in addition of helping them with their weight loss.
Weight loss results can vary depending on the individual. There is no guarantee of specific weight loss results.
Best Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Tijuana, Mexico
Most Trusted and Recognized Hospital for +40 years
- Personalized attention with US based case manager
- Peace of mind of knowing you are at getting treated by the highest quality and most prestigious hospital in Mexico
- Most recognized and trusted private medical institution in Mexico with over 40 years
- Fully equipped hospital with emergency rooms and 24hr. nurses for any type of unexpected situation (Not a Clinic like most)
- Best medical facilities by far
- Many amenities
- Biggest rooms with room for companion
Gastric Sleeve Surgery FAQ´s
Frequently-Asked-Questions about Vertical Gastrectomy Surgery
Learn more about our Gastric Sleeve Surgery and how our doctors perform the procedure, thanks to the questions our patients and their companions have during their consultations with our physicians.
- All pre-op & post-op testing
- All surgeon & anesthesiologist fees.
- Dedicated US based case management before, during and after your trip.
- Hospital stay of 2 nights in Tijuana.
- All nursing & hospital fees.
- Door-to-door ground transportation from San Diego Airport to the Hospital and viceversa.
Sleeve gastrectomy is performed laparoscopically under general anesthesia in a hospital operating room. In rare cases complications may cause the surgeon to opt for a more traditional ‘open’ bariatric surgery, requiring a larger incision in the patient’s abdomen to gain access to the stomach.
In the more normal procedure, a small ‘keyhole’ incision is made in the patient’s abdomen and the surgeon uses specialized tools to remove a large portion of the widest part of the patient’s stomach. Once the excess stomach tissue is removed, the open edges of the remaining portion of the stomach are stapled together, forming a banana-shaped tube or ‘sleeve.’
Our gastric sleeve procedure reduces the size of the stomach to about 15% to 30% of its original capacity and relieves the patient of the part of the stomach that produces the appetite stimulating hormone ‘Ghrelin.’ Gastric sleeve surgery permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is not reversible.
*Weight loss results can vary depending on the individual. There is no guarantee of specific weight loss results or recovery time.
- Extreme weight loss.
- Weight loss will allow the patients to move easily.
- No dumping syndrome.
- Improvement of medical conditions such as: Type 2 diabetes, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure or Hypertenion.
Gastric Sleeve Surgery carries the same risks as any other type of surgical procedure, the most common are:
- Leaks at the staple line.
- Wound issues .
- Damage to organs.
- Blood clots.
Weight Loss Surgery
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
We offer 4 different weight loss surgeries, with a proven record of success for our patients benefit: